Langtang Trail Status Update
Nepal Now, latest facts
Langtang Valley was severely devastated by the quake 2015. It’s already one and half year past the April quake and finally Langtang Valley is open and very much safe for business.
Current Status of the Langtang Valley
- Rimche – Two Hotels have already been reconstructed and are waiting for visitors
- Lama hotel – Six hotels have been reconstructed and ready for welcoming guest.
- Riverside – One hotel reconstructed
- Woodland finished rebuilding works
- Ghora Tabela near army post – One hotel finished rebuilding and ready for welcoming guest.
- Thankshyap – Four hotels have been reconstructed already and ready to serve for guest.
- Gumba Kangtanshah – Four tea house reconstructed
- Langtang Village – Ten hotels reconstructed and ready to serve. Now Langtang village have capacity of 60 tourists.
- Mundu Village – Five hotels with a total of capacity of 40 tourists have been reconstructed
- Sindium village – One tea shop reconstructed
- Nespali – Hard rock cafe and another new tea shop , where two tea shop ready to serve.
- Kyanjin Gumba – 25 hotels reconstructed . Can accomodate up to 300 tourists. Two bakery cafe’s also operating.Most famous Dorje Bakery is temporarily functioning and serving it’s customers since April 2016.
Quick Facts about Langtang Tea Houses
1) Menus – Tea houses along the Langtang Trek serve only vegetarian food.
2)Sleeping – Tea houses will provide blankets and pillows free of cost so, no need to bring a sleeping bag.
3)Internet – There is no internet access on the Langtang Trek and Syabrubesi is the only town from where you will find reliable internet.
4)Phone Calls – Tea houses usually have landlines from which you can make phone call for a fixed rate. If you have a Nepali Sim Ncell only works up to Lama Hotel and Sky Network works above Lama Hotel.
Source: Langtang Information